What's been happening with The Unaltered series?

Picture
I've wanted to give this update for a while now.
So, here we go ...

August 2014, my literary agent, Linda, pitched The Unaltered series to movie and television producers at The Willamette Writer’s Convention in Portland, Oregon. A serious producer scooped up the series with a signed shopping agreement and began running. This producer presented the series to many financiers (distributors) and found much interest. In November 2014, I announced my books were being optioned for film because in my mind that’s what was happening. However, in the technical sense, it wasn’t. (More on that below.) The producer continued to search for interested parties who wanted to join in on this project. She found another production company that is extremely interested and we recently entered into an option contract.

I’m thrilled to announce—officially—that now, The Unaltered series is being optioned for film.

So, what’s the difference between a shopping agreement and an option contract? This link gives you an in-depth explanation. http://filmmakermagazine.com/88008-not-an-option/#.Vb-xqvlVhBc
The simple explanation is shopping agreements aren’t new, but are growing in popularity with independent producers as a free or low-cost way of getting exclusive rights to a project while shopping it around to distributors and other producers. Where an option contract takes time to negotiate and agree upon, a shopping agreement is quick, hassle-free, “try before you buy” kind of deal.

The recent option contract took a while to hammer out. In the end, I’m pleased with the contract. The entire process of how a book is turned into a film is quite intriguing and I’ve learned so much during the last year. I’m incredibly excited to see where these professionals will take my book series.

I'll post updates and news on Tuesdays--Tuesday Newsday.

When will A Diamond in My Pocket be in print?  Soon, very soon!

Picture
Over the last year, my literary agent began submitting queries to publishing houses. She hoped that because my books weren’t printed yet, they might hold more value in a publisher’s eye, so I postponed the release of the print versions. I also began working on and releasing book five.

So, I'm moving forward with printing The Unaltered series.

I’ll be releasing one book at a time to keep my costs easier to handle. A Diamond in My Pocket will be available through CreateSpace and Ingram Spark sometime in the next few months. A Diamond in My Heart will be available a few weeks after that. And so one with the other books.

I will be offering signed copies through my website, hosting some fun giveaways, and participating in blog tours. Stay tuned to my blog and keep an eye out for my newsletter. I like to make my important announcements to my Awesome Fans first, before taking the news public.

Thank You for reading my books! I hope you're as excited as I am to see this series in print and on the big screen!

Comments

Heidi
09/20/2015 1:29pm

I LOVE this series! I want a signed book.

Lorena Angell
09/20/2015 1:47pm

Thanks Heidi! I see you signed up for my newsletter. Thanks. I'll be sending out more information about the print books in a few weeks.

08/14/2016 7:45pm

I've seen the reviews of The Unaltered series in goodreads and I can say that most of the reviews are positive. I read the synopsis and it sparked my curiosity. Although, the cover is a little bit bland for me. Even so, I think I would pick a copy of it in bookstores if it's already out there in print. Good luck in your writing career!

Dan O.
09/20/2015 1:45pm

I'm a grown man and I like this book series. My stepson told me about it I hope it does become a movie. I'd go see it.

Lorena Angell
09/22/2015 8:54am

Thanks Dan! When I wrote this book, I didn't envision "grown men" reading it, well, other than my husband. ;)

Janet Wittman
09/20/2015 1:49pm

I have been hoping and waiting for this series to be picked up, either as a long term series or a movie deal, since I found it on Bookbub for free.
Since I have come to know and understand this author and hope for her long term goals, which includes movie rights.
This series is awesome and a very good guideline for most teens out there.
Lorena is an author who brings the real world to the subject she is writing. To turn your back on this particular project now would be turning your back on teenagers and their angst.
Chose the right path

Lorena Angell
09/22/2015 8:56am

Thanks, Janet! I'm so glad you found me on Bookbub and decided to take a chance on my book. You've been one of my longest running fans. Thank you so much!

Kris Arnett
09/20/2015 2:19pm

This is such exciting news! The Unaltered series is one of my top favorites and will make a terrific movie(s). Congrats to you, Lorena

Lorena Angell
09/22/2015 8:33pm

Thanks, Kris! I'm glad you think so. You've been a huge support with my series and I can't thank you enough!

09/20/2015 4:30pm

This would make a great movie.

lorena.angell@yahoo.com
09/22/2015 8:35pm

Thanks for stopping by, Connie. I think it would make a great movie, too! Thanks for all your support with my series.

09/20/2015 5:14pm

These are such good books. I would definitely see the movie!

lorena.angell@yahoo.com
09/22/2015 8:37pm

Hi Alisa! Thanks for the compliment. We could all go see the movie together. Wouldn't that be fun?

Annette Kozicke
09/20/2015 8:49pm

I have loved the series. I even won a diamond. I would love to see the series made into a movie. They are not always as good as my imagination but they are usually very good.
Good Luck

Lorena Angell
09/22/2015 8:40pm

Thanks, Annette! I think the producers who are working to develop the project will do a fantastic job. By the way, Annette, if you take a picture of your diamond, I'll post it on my Diamond Bearer Wall here on my site. =)

Nicole Jensen
09/21/2015 4:08pm

We can't wait! Loved the whole series!!

Lorena Angell
09/22/2015 8:42pm

Thanks for stopping by, Nicole! I really appreciate your support. =)

Linda Moffitt
09/24/2015 11:46pm

Would Love it in film

Lorena Angell
09/25/2015 7:50am

I would too, Linda! Thanks for stopping by and supporting me. =)

Janele
09/29/2015 1:32pm

I am so excited! Great gift options for my young friends and family members. I have read through book 4 and am reading book 5, great fun and adventure.

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.