For a limited time, I'm offering signed copies of my series for a special price for you, my Awesome Fans and Friends. The 5-book set is $49.95 plus $6 shipping for U.S. orders. CLICK HERE to snag this most-excellent deal. (I can ship to other countries if you contact me first for shipping costs.)

I'm just getting started promoting and distributing my series to bookstores and libraries and your purchase will help me be able to pay for the costs involved with this. It's certainly not easy being an Indie author. However, with all the online options available to authors, including social media, this part of the process is possible where it wasn't not too long ago.

I released book one, A Diamond in My Pocket, in May of 2011 as an ebook mainly because I couldn't catch an agent's attention with my query letter--granted, it was a poorly written query letter. Plus, the first edition of the book was in pretty bad shape, grammatically speaking, so it probably wouldn't have interested an agent. I just wanted/needed some feedback from unbiased readers about the story. Was it any good? Should I keep my day job?

Fast forward several years and multiple edits later, A Diamond in My Pocket has hit #1 in eleven countries, was named Breakout Book by iTunes, accumulated over a quarter-million downloads from 40 countries, and currently has the attention of Hollywood with a movie option contract. Did you know The Unaltered has it's own IMDb page. I'm pretty excited about that!

I've accomplished this as an Indie author, funding my own journey along the way, researching new ways to stay on top of the game, connecting with others who know more than me, and being open to criticism and advice.

None of this journey would have been possible without readers like you. Thank you for giving my book a chance. Maybe it was the cover. Maybe it was the description. Maybe it was the "freebie of the day." Whatever caused you to click, I'm so grateful you did. Thank you for helping me embrace my creativity. I hope to be able to meet you someday at a book signing in your area.

P.S.  Along with the five-book set, I'm offering individual titles, too. Click the button below for more information.

Comments

Ramille
10/13/2017 8:57am

Ms. Lorena, I've followed your books since I was a 9th grader and got my Nook reader for Christmas. Now I'm in college and anxiously await your next book. I love your series! You inspire me to write about my own dreams even though they're strange and perhaps something I shouldn't write down. I'm going to keep trying to work my stories, like you have done. I wanted to let you know you inspired me to change a bad habit. I don't remember where you said this but it left an impression on me. You said that if you want to be an author, you have to start now by writing full sentences, using good grammar and punctuation, and do this in everything you do from texting to Facebook posts to emails. I followed your advice and my 9th grade English teacher was the first to recognize my change. No more chat-speak for me. I told her about you and she said she'd look you up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and the movie deal. I hope for the very best for you!

10/14/2017 9:46am

Thanks for commenting, Ramille. I'm honored to have been a part of your last few years. As for improving your writing skills, this will be nothing but good for you, especially now that you're in college. When you complete a manuscript, I hope you'll send me a copy. I'd love to read it! Thanks for sharing my books with your teacher, too. Word of mouth is the best!

w. sheffield
10/13/2017 3:32pm

My favorite part of book one was the scene behind the waterfall. I guess the whole cave chapter where she learns she has many powers. I especially like how everything in that chapter affects Chris. Keep writing! Hope to see this as a movie someday.

10/14/2017 10:12am

Hi W. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorite part of book one. I don't know if you've read book four yet, so I won't spoil anything. I will say that the reader finds out what was going through Chris's mind at the waterfall. I'll keep writing. Please keep reading!

Linda Gawthrop
10/13/2017 3:41pm

Coming to a theater nearby soon I hope!

10/14/2017 10:13am

I hope so too! Thanks for stopping by, Linda.

Laura G
10/13/2017 4:28pm

This sounds like an amazing series. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

10/14/2017 10:15am

Thanks, Laura. =)

Janice
10/13/2017 4:31pm

Absolutely adore your books!!!!!! Please, please, please keep writing more of these books!!! 💕💕💕💕

10/14/2017 10:18am

Hi Janice. Thank you so much! I plan on doing just that. =)

Jonella Moore
10/13/2017 5:19pm

I enjoy your writing very much. I’m currently read Diamond Of Freedom and I stayed up too late last night reading it. Thanks for keeping us entertained!

10/14/2017 10:25am

Thanks for reading, Jonella! I'm sorry you missed out on sleep because of reading my book, yet at the same time thrilled that you couldn't put it down. I like to think caffeinated beverages were discovered somewhere along the line as a means to wake up after a night of over-indulgence and lost sleep. ;) I hope you already have book four purchased because you're going to want to jump right in on that one after the ending of The Diamond of Freedom.

Elizabeth Robinson
10/13/2017 5:26pm

I love your books and would love to see them made into a movie! I would definitely go see it.

10/14/2017 10:28am

Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth, and thanks for reading my books. =)

Carolyn Johnson
10/13/2017 5:33pm

You are a new author to me, but what an awesome giveaway

10/14/2017 10:33am

Thanks for stopping by, Carolyn. If you like YA fantasy you could read my first book in the series for free right now on Amazon to see if you like my writing style. Here's the short url to the Amazon listing: http://a.co/hpOYggB

Umbroso
10/13/2017 6:10pm

Movie would be awesome

10/14/2017 10:33am

I know, right? Thanks for stopping by, Umbroso.

10/13/2017 7:18pm

I loved every bit of the book, couldn’t put it down until I finished it. The scene behind the waterfall was amazing. Ready for more by this author

10/14/2017 10:46am

Thanks, Jackie! I'm happy to hear you were sucked into the storyline and that you also liked the waterfall scene. Did you know I have a YouTube channel with playlists for each book, featuring songs I feel represent certain parts of the storyline? Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/lorenaangell I hope you'll subscribe to my channel.

Jean Davis
10/13/2017 7:40pm

Ms.Angell, I have loved your books since the very first one that I chanced on....I was hooked and hunger for more!!

10/14/2017 10:48am

Hi Jean. Thanks for taking a chance on my books. It's kind of scary to put a manuscript out to the world, but hearing feedback like yours is very encouraging. =)

debbie
10/13/2017 8:13pm

I really am loving this Sometimes it's hard to find a unique story line with new characters and it's been easy to read so far and enjoy finding out more about Calli and the other story characters. My teenage granddaughter has fallen in love with calli too and shared with her friends who would love to see this go to film. Good luck and lets hope this will happen

10/14/2017 10:56am

Thanks for stopping by, Debbie, and thanks for sharing my book with your teen granddaughter. I'm continually amazed at the wide age range of readers who enjoy my writing style. I feel this would translate well into the film world with a wide age range of movie-goers, not just teenagers. Hopefully the producers will make sure the screenplay holds true to the overall feel of the book.

Barb Ellen VanderWel
10/13/2017 8:18pm

i love it thanks for ur books

10/14/2017 10:57am

Thanks for stopping by, Barb!

Christa
10/13/2017 8:42pm

I'm currently reading book 4 and am loving the series so far. I think this would make a really fun movie series! And I can't wait to see who would be cast as Calli. Let us know when book 6 is coming!

10/14/2017 12:03pm

Thanks, Christa! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the series. Book six is coming, I promise. =)

Jeanna Massman
10/13/2017 9:15pm

Your story is so inspirational to all those creative minds out there who are waiting to see their stories in print.

10/14/2017 12:15pm

Thanks Jeanna. I hope to be able to show writers the available options to getting their work into the hands of readers. =)

10/13/2017 10:23pm

Lorena, you are an inspiration. I edit books, but writing one seems beyond me. You have drawn Calli, Chris, and all the characters so that readers become attached to their stories. The very idea behind these supernaturals living amongst us is originally presented. The series was well-conceived. You’ve built an entire world in your books. The conflicts are clear and formidable, and you lead us deftly through the characters’ dealing with jealousy, fear of the unknown, and their sense of duty whether it is to good or to something other power in the universe. The concept deserves development into film media. Best wishes for that.

10/14/2017 12:19pm

Thank you so much, Kate! I really appreciate your view. If you haven't already, you should put this on Amazon as a review. (wink, wink)

Mary Preston
10/14/2017 12:27am

I'm looking forward to catching up with this series. I have heard great things.

10/14/2017 12:20pm

Hi Mary. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the series.

Amy Schneider
10/14/2017 6:52am

I have read every one of your books with great enjoyment, even going so far as to break my rule of not buying books on Kindle until I have read all the other books on my Kindle. I couldn't wait, so I purchased your books right away after I finished reading the next one.
I teach high school, and I know that these books appeal to that audience; so would a movie.
Keep writing!

10/14/2017 12:26pm

Thank you, Amy. Oh, dear. I don't like being the reason for rule breaking, but it sounds like no harm came of your deviation. ;) I'm honored to have held the interest of a High School teacher with my books. What subject do you teach?

Sue H.
10/14/2017 10:16am

I would love to see any,(make that all), of your books made into films, and would like to see them more than once.

10/14/2017 12:27pm

Hi Sue. Thank you for your comment. =)

Victoria K
10/14/2017 4:34pm

I haven't read any of your books yet but I'm adding them to my must read book lost.

10/15/2017 10:31am

That's fantastic, Victoria. I hope you enjoy the read.

Jan Butterick
10/15/2017 12:49am

I read all t of these books as soon as they were available. I am not so patiently waiting for book 6. I thought it was supposed to be out in July. Did I miss it somehow? I just love these books!

Luna Angell
10/15/2017 11:13am

Hi Jan. You've been a longtime fan of the series, that's for sure, and I really appreciate it. To answer your question about book six, it is in limbo. The manuscript is finished but I'm struggling with the editing cost. So I'm setting up a Patreon page to generate funds for the edit and future edits. My editor is a professional who gives me a great deal comparatively speaking, but it's still a hefty chunk of change out of my pocket. In the past, I've released my books without a serious edit, and that worked out okay. I simply corrected the errors as they were pointed out to me. My books weren't in print yet, so uploading corrections was rather easy to do. However, now that I have big-time people watching my series, both Hollywood financiers and book publishers, I cannot afford to release an unprofessional book, which is ironic because I cannot afford to release a professionally edited book either. The Patreon page that I'm setting up will provide subscribers with series bonus materials, video blogs, behind the scenes, articles of interest, and access to book six in its unedited state. Subscribers will choose a level they can afford and receive the goodies associated with that level. All proceeds from Patreon subscribers will go toward my editing bill, which if you consider the fact that I still have books 7, 8, 9, & 10 to have professionally edited, I have a large financial obligation that will take a while to balance out. (Hmmm. Maybe I should have thought about future finances a little more when I began writing the series.) I am starting to do presentation to schools and at libraries and bookstores. That will introduce new readers to the series and generate income to pay for the expenses of being an Indie author. I guess the best way to manage this "book machine" is to get the five completed books selling first, before digging a deeper hole. Thanks, Jan, for asking the question about book six. Perhaps other book fans can better understand the financial, business end of being a self-published author in a competitive world.

Dina S
10/15/2017 9:25am

Hi Lorena, WOW, I would LOVE to see your book turned into a movie, I love when this happens!!! This is very special when this happens to the author as well as their readers!

10/15/2017 11:34am

Hi Dina. Thanks for stopping by. I would really love to see the story on the big screen as well. Very special, indeed.

Amber N.
10/15/2017 1:04pm

I pass this series to literally everyone. Would love to see the series grow and reach new levels of popularity.
~Diamond Bearer Amber N.

10/15/2017 1:40pm

Hey, Amber! Great to hear from you. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm for my series. I'm always pleased to hear from my Diamond Bearers. =)

Alex
10/15/2017 5:48pm

OMG i soooo hope that this book gets turned into a movie im so exciteddddddd dfhdjsfjkfahdlkj pleaseee tell us as soon as you get the details!!!!!!

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.